Anuga 2023

The EU financed campaign EU SUSTEM participated with remarkable success at the trade fair Anuga 2023 on 7-11 October 2023 at Koelnmesse, Fair Grounds, Cologne, Germany | Hall 11.1 Booth No G-018, where esteemed professionals from the HoReCa and media sectors experienced the distinctive European tastes of the featured products, and engaged in conversations for potential collaborations.

Visitors of the Booth No G-018 had the chance to meet Agronutritional Cooperation of the Region of Central Macedonia, which is a civil non-profit organization, a partnership of 19 institutions of local cooperatives, chambers of commerce, educational and research institutions and six municipalities.

From the Agronutritional Cooperation of the Region of Central Macedonia, the following organizations participated in ANUGA 2023:

- Food-Forum.gr, “The Greek Antipasti”, which produce a variety of antipasti products-appetizers (stuffed peppers with cheese, cherry, bell pepper, Macedonian green pepper, honey pepper), mushrooms, artichokes, etc. and also, Greek olives (green, kalamon, black, whole, pitted and stuffed).

- Galaxy – Mavidou & Sons OE, which produce Balsamic, Balsamic Vinegar, Apple and Grape Vinegar, Lemon Juices and Sauces, Mustards, Sauces. Adapting to changes in the external environment and the demands of the times in the framework of circular economy.

- The Vaeni Naoussa Co-op production is mainly sourced from Xinomavro. Its versatility makes it ideal for a wide range of wine types: red, white, rose. The name Xinomavro is a conjunction and derives from the Greek words for “acid” and “black”, which refer to the grape’s inherent high acidity and dark color.

- Bountouris company, which produces superior quality olives has embraced and applied the so-called “field to fork” concept while processing approximately 2000-2500 tons of olives on an annual basis. Green Olives, Kalamata Olives, Oxidized olives.

At the trade fair Anuga 2023, The United Winemaking Agricultural Cooperative of Samos (UWC Samos) also participated. This cooperative was founded in 1934 with the participation of 26 local cooperatives representing all of the wine growers on the island. Nowadays, 2.200 producers participate in the Cooperative as members. In Samos, the white muscat grape reigns king covering about 97% of Samos’ vineyards, with the remaining 3% shared by ritino and fokiano - red grape varietals used for the production of rosé.

The EU financed campaign EU SUSTEM aims to promote the exceptional PDO/PGI wines, PDO cheeses, PDO olives, PDO olive oil and other delicious European foodstuffs from Greece and Italy to consumers in Italy, Germany and Sweden, while also raising awareness on the Mediterranean diet, the EU quality system of PDO/PGI and other EU schemes.

Monday, 16 October 2023
Funded by the European Union. Views and opinions expressed are however those of the author(s) only and do not necessarily reflect those of the European Union or the European Research Executive Agency (REA). Neither the European Union nor the granting authority can be held responsible for them.